Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lookie Lookie!


I'm baaaaack! Have been working feverishly on some wonderful new artowrk. Launched a new website www.charrcrail.me, still evolving that too. I have so many great add-on ideas for it that I'm working on too so stay tuned. This blog is where I want to talk about art. Inspiration and expression.
For example... Today I was shooting a rally at the Capitol, thousands of people wandering around, some yelling in agreement with the speaker, some just there to quietly support, and some who like a good party and want to show up in costume. There was lot's of that. What I appreciated about it was that childlike thing we all have-- the desire to dress up, to play, to live out a fantasy. Some of us lose it along the way as we grow up and some of us hang on to that childlike spirit and snag any opportunity to make a statement-- in capes and masks or face make-up and silly props.
I felt inspired. Inspired enough that even as I wound my way back to my car I kept shooting walls and buildings, bricks and rooftops-- TEXTURE. I love textures and use them in my art work. Am actively now creating a yummy collection of stock images, textures that will eventually find a home amongst some of my artworks.
In the meantime visit my new website, www.charrcrail.me, drop me a line and share yourself. You'll be hearing more from me too... Muah!

No comments: